Our Musical Family
Opus One: Berks Chamber Choir
In our upcoming season (Aug 2020 - June 2021), Opus One: Berks Chamber Choir will make the transition to all-online programming. This shift will include a virtual choir ensemble - with weekly online rehearsals and two major online ticketed concert events. For this project, Opus One welcomes singers with varying levels of musical ability (community amateur musicians, college students, local teachers, semi-professionals) from our local community and from across the nation. In addition, we will also allow high school singers (10th - 12th grades) to take part in all of our Season 9 programs*. As part of our mission, Opus One encourages all members of our community to participate in the choral art form. In rare instances, membership will be denied based on vocal quality, lack of technique, or inability to read music.
* Opus One welcomes musically advanced high school - age students (planning to study / participate in collegiate music programs) who are currently enrolled in public/private/ home school programs. Music credit will be given to home school students for their participation.
This year's virtual concerts will include...
Lesson & Carols Concert An American Music Concert
Available: Sun, Dec 13 through Sun, Dec 27 Available: Sun, June 6 through Sun, June 21
VIRTUAL CHOIR - SINGER INFORMATION (August 2020 - June 2021)
Weekly Online Rehearsals: Sunday 6:00 - 7:15 / 7:15 - 8:30pm [sectionals]
* Info Meeting = Sun, Aug 23 @ 6pm
* First Rehearsal = Sun, Sept 6 @ 6pm
Participation Fees: $50 / Singer (Adult / Student)
* Household participation = $75 (2+ singers)
* Includes free Monthly Master-Classes
* Participation includes both Seminars (History/Theory) for free!
Eligibility: Opus One welcomes all singers (10th grade through Adults)
of varying levels of musical experience/ability.*
* Singers must be able to read music / produce a quality tone / operate in fast-paced rehearsal settings
1) Contact the Director / Schedule an Audition:
* No prepared selection is necessary
* Online auditions will take approx 10-15 mins
2) Submit Information Form / Fees: Once accepted, you will be sent an
electronic copy of the Participant Information Form. All completed forms and
required fees must be submitted by September 6.
* Forms may be submitted electronically or by mail.
* Fees (checks or money order, made payable to 'Opus One') must be mailed.
* Please use the following address: Opus One, PO BOX 6332, Wyomissing, PA 19610.
** Please Note: Opus One: Masterwork Chorus & Opus One: ECHO have been postponed till Fall 2021**